Saturday, January 7, 2017

Beginnings

Beginnings...The word evokes emotions that run the gamut from excitement to anxiety. Fresh opportunities and unforeseen challenges await. A sense of purpose exists that must, through persistence and determination, remain in focus lest the excitement of the beginning fade into stress and exhaustion in the middle. Be intentional to keep the excitement! Find value in the process from beginning to end! Expect tiredness and frustration at times. Purpose in your heart ahead of time to overcome them. Realistically, they will be part of the journey--but they should not control the journey. For the sake of the joy of crossing the finish line, endure struggles, learn from every experience, celebrate accomplishments, and be grateful for the opportunity.

I write this because it is particularly relevant to my family at this time:

  • My son is beginning a new job.
  • Also, he married last week and is beginning an exciting journey with his new bride.
  • My daughter graduated from college and is beginning her career as a teacher.
  • I am beginning work on my doctorate, and I am beginning to write a little.
  • My husband is beginning work on a project that will impact an entire community.
Beginnings...Ponder them carefully. Count the cost. They are not to be taken lightly; they are to be undertaken with commitment.

 Drawing by Rachel Hill.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great perspective on beginnings! I wish you and your family the best in your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great perspective on beginnings! I wish you and your family the best in your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete